Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
(1518 N Gower St Los Angeles, CA 90028)
(730 East BroadwayLong Beach, CA 90802)
The famous chicken in waffles in LA. Now I’m from the south and I had never heard of chicken and waffles being a “dish” until I moved to LA. Sure, I have had chicken and waffles at Waffle House, but that’s grilled chicken, not fried. I grew up eating fish and grits... now that’s a southern food... chicken and waffles, not so much. So, with that being said, I still had high hopes for the place... I mean, all the rappers like it... they talk about going there in their songs.. Snoop Dogg, Luda ect… Well, I’ve been there three times total, twice to the one in Long Beach and once to the one in Hollywood. I wasn’t even... kind of impressed! The chicken is greasy and the waffles taste like cardboard. Some of the other soul food stuff was OK. The sweet potatoes, greens etc... but nothing to write home about. When I eat here it makes me wish, for the thousandth time, that LA had a Waffle House... because, as bad as Waffle House can be, this place is worse! At least Waffle House makes a pretty good waffle. If you want soul food, I would suggest Uncle Andre's. No, they don’t have waffles, but they do have fried chicken... and if you just really need chicken AND waffles, go by the Ralphs in Studio City and pick up some Eggo’s before you get to Uncle Andre's... I'm sure he wouldn’t mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment